BRECHIN, Bishop of
BRECHIN, Bishop of According to Crockford the arms in use are " Or, three piles in point gules." These arms were matriculated in Lyon Register in 1744 by Maule of Inverkeilour, and in 1867 by Knight-Erskine of Pittodrie, as part of their personal arms, as a quartering for the Lordship of Brechin to which the Arms properly appertain. Their use by the Bishop is most improper.
Original Source bookofpublicarms00foxd_djvu.txt near line 4250.